Saturday 23 March 2024

Tiny Blogs

Trees and things. It’s Druid stuff, best steer clear.


I was going to try and do tiny blogs to go along with my tiny prep. I haven’t yet achieved it. Just like daily thoughts on games and things, nothing necessarily too in depth or with an eye on how well it reads. No joy so far. 


The tiny prep is going well though. Each day I add something to the Grim North. It’s not necessarily the most useful thing in terms of what might get trotted out for play in the next session but material accumulates.


Organising it is probably the next step. I mostly type things up in Notes on my phone although I’ve been trying to use a journal to hand write things. Handwritten is good, it allows me to doodle maps and draw weird stuff in the margins but it’s not as editable as digital. The chaotic nature of my handwriting is both a feature and a bug. 


This week I added some entries to my big f’ing rumour table, drew some smol dungeon maps, gave a a few of them a very basic key, added a couple of NPCs, wrote down the names of some locations to flesh out later and probably most pertinently added some notes on a location the PCs actually expressed an interest in: an abandoned mansion with a huge tree growing out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment