Sunday 3 February 2019

From the Ashes

Facing a G+less future like “Come at me bro” by John Howe
Google plus is winding down. The end is nigh. The 2nd of April to be exact. A vibrant and productive community of RPG people will vanish Kaiser Soze-like into the diaspora of the Internet. I mean there’s talk of getting the blogs going again and there’s the MeWe migration... but it’s not the same. It might be but right now there’s just uncertainty. Much of what was posted to G+ will be lost and while there’s no certainty that blogger will be around in the future either, for now it seems like this might be a good place to post my thoughts on games.

What will those thoughts entail, I hear no one ask? Well, lately I’ve been all about Dragon Warriors, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Edition and maybe some OSR style D&D. I mean I played in a game of B/X Essentials, which was nice. I posted to G+ that in 2019 I was going to step away from the comfortable blanket of Swords & Wizardry and Lamentations of the Flame Princess. Instead I shall focus on Dragon Warriors (and general Legend based roleplaying,) WFRP and should the opportunity arise TSR Marvel Superheroes and D6 Star Wars.

Now I’ve recruited all the players for my online Hangouts games from G+ so it remains to be seen how getting new games going will manifest. However, my Dragon Warriors campaign, “While the Gods Sleep”, continues on an aspirational monthly schedule and I’ve run one session of WFRP that’s the first of a mini campaign (I say that, the DW game is an unresolved oneshot now nearing its 30th session) I’ve called “All Wool and A Yard Wide.” So prospects don’t look too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment